Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Feed has been Fed and now is Full

I know, clever me though right? So I have what my ideal "FEED" world would look like on a separate sheet of paper (I know everyone's is going to be different!). And as I was creating this world, I thought more and more how TERRIBLE it would be to live in it! And that's my basic one page visual of Feed, let alone an entire novel! It's not that I didn't like that world, it's that when I truly saw that my world would only contain the things I wrote about, I didn't like it. There was no variety AND nobody was truly themselves. Actions were dictated ahead of time.

Resist.
The.
Feed.

Look, I'm not against cooperate America. I'm really not, I promise. They have their own sides to stories and usually I can respect that. But I saw a surprising picture actually just today that made me stop and think for a second (WTF actually stands for Wasn't That Funny of course, nothing else).
ISN'T THAT CRAZY!!!!



I know that nobody is to blame for something like this happening, but it speaks volumes in terms of where we are going and can relate very much so to the book! The Feed is already happening!!!!


-
At the beginning of the novel, I didn't see what they big deal was about getting this information and having the information organized in ways that we like it. But once we started talking about it and doing the activity with Donald Trump and Google, this is a huge problem! We need to take a stance on this now before (has it already) gotten out of control!

6.

That's all we have now controlling the media! So what's going to stop that number from shrinking even more and having someone decide what people hear and do not hear through the media? We are. We have to be.









Honestly, I really liked this book. I was surprised! I did not know what to think of it going in, and I'm not just saying that based on the small pages. That's a benefit.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you say that no one predicted anything like this would happen so who's to say feed won't exist in our lifetime with such few powerful big corporations and new technologies that can be implanted in human bodies.

    ReplyDelete