Monday, April 11, 2016

Life As We Now Knew It Tomorrow From Yesterday

Okay dokey! Let's get right into it. No ice breakers on this one, sorry about it! I happened to find this quote from the book before I knew what this prompt was and I enjoyed it! I liked it because of the references to McDonald's (yes that is a reason) and the connection from the world in the book to the world that we live in today.

“I guess I always felt even if the world came to an end, McDonald's would still be open.” 

The link to the article that I went to go find can be read here! I won't rewrite the article here or give some massive summary about it. There are just a few things I want to touch on. No, obviously, the article does not DIRECTLY mention McDonald's, but I feel that fast food is mentioned a lot with that company for obvious reasons. The article asks the basic question of if we are ever going to "eat" (fast food) ourselves to death! Strong point of view obviously, but it seems to make sense. Our portions are only getting bigger and no one seems to have a problem with it!

To me, this quote talks to the idea of McDonald's being a company that "kills you among death" but as I was sitting here I also thought to the point that these cooperations DO NOT DIE. They basically run the world and its amazing that people don't seem to mind that. So I suppose the two points that I bring up from this dialogue is that this food is still VERY much dominating our lives.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this? I'm sure that in such a book like this we can see trends such as the main characters becoming more "cheeky" as the worst possible scenario unfolds. But as much as this could be a cute little line, I see it as something bigger and not just because we've been told to write about it! It's always fun finding these lines in books because they can be very small moments that can be brought out to mean something more to the audience.  

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I share the same ideas with you. I do wish some days that fast food didn't control people in todays society as it seems to be doing.

    ReplyDelete