It's funny how time can seemingly change things. We look at the past and wonder "how could we have ever believed that" and don't seem to have answer. The. Let's take the nuclear bomb as an example. Yeah. I'm going big early. In the 1960s, there were commercials all the time about
WHEN THE BOMB DROPS
what you should do to be prepared. But let's face it, does that really do anything? We laugh at those types of things now, but don't we do the same thing when we have a tornado warning?government. Except now the way that we receive the information is different. No longer are there TV spots rather people just tell us the information!
So who cares? That might be a question you ask a lot if you read my blog, but at least I have you asking questions!
Before answering the broader question of if there are benefits to propaganda, I feel like it's important to really see how many kinds of propaganda. My purpose of this post isn't to make you critical of everything in your life, but most things can be taken as propaganda! Why else do we have commercials? Aren't they trying to sell us on a certain point?
I didn't know much about the local DuPage County election, but from the ads that some people ran if I didn't know any better (you can decide if I should know better or not; I'll leave that one on you) that Bruce Rauner was a child-eating slave-driving criminal mastermind!!!! Like this. But I for one DO see the benefits of propaganda!is. And here's why.
The only way you're reading this blog is if you are on the internet or using some sort of data streaming service. Because we live in a country that has basically no restrictions on the internet (sorry Trump, it's just against the law to do that here. Best of luck with your wall though!), you can go look up WHATEVER information you want!always. So as much as people may try to throw their options at you, I think that's their right to do that, but if you truly want to know more about something, you must look it up! Don't believe what people tell you! Unless it's your mother. Always listen to your mother.
If people are using propaganda to say that
BIG BROTHER
is watching you, then won't that force you to think about what you're doing? You may no be inclined to break the law if you THINK someone is watching you.
Even if propaganda that you're using is incorrect, it can still motivate people.watching. If you have a poster showing someone going to jail after they litter, people might not want to litter! And see my point above if you have a problem with this. Look it up!
If something shows a belief that someone has, it can have positive effects on the things and people around it. They can choose to do something about it or they can choose to not look into something that may impact their lives. I hope I showed enough examples of that.
WHEN THE BOMB DROPS
what you should do to be prepared. But let's face it, does that really do anything? We laugh at those types of things now, but don't we do the same thing when we have a tornado warning?
So who cares? That might be a question you ask a lot if you read my blog, but at least I have you asking questions!
Before answering the broader question of if there are benefits to propaganda, I feel like it's important to really see how many kinds of propaganda. My purpose of this post isn't to make you critical of everything in your life, but most things can be taken as propaganda! Why else do we have commercials? Aren't they trying to sell us on a certain point?
I didn't know much about the local DuPage County election, but from the ads that some people ran if I didn't know any better (you can decide if I should know better or not; I'll leave that one on you) that Bruce Rauner was a child-eating slave-driving criminal mastermind!!!! Like this. But I for one DO see the benefits of propaganda!
The only way you're reading this blog is if you are on the internet or using some sort of data streaming service. Because we live in a country that has basically no restrictions on the internet (sorry Trump, it's just against the law to do that here. Best of luck with your wall though!), you can go look up WHATEVER information you want!
If people are using propaganda to say that
BIG BROTHER
is watching you, then won't that force you to think about what you're doing? You may no be inclined to break the law if you THINK someone is watching you.
Even if propaganda that you're using is incorrect, it can still motivate people.
If something shows a belief that someone has, it can have positive effects on the things and people around it. They can choose to do something about it or they can choose to not look into something that may impact their lives. I hope I showed enough examples of that.
I love the blue message! I think that was really creative of you. But the point you brought up in this blog post is really relevant to a lot of political discussion that is going on right now. Propaganda is so subtle and really hard to detect, and the government is always trying to push some sort of agenda or ideal, and I think it's really important that, as citizens, we are aware of this.
ReplyDelete